(Job ID 5922)
HKUST, Guangzhou Science and Technology Innovation Committee, and Innovation Academy for South China Sea Ecology and Environmental Engineering under the Chinese Academy of Sciences signed a cooperation agreement in Hong Kong to jointly support the establishment of the Southern Marine Science and Engineering Guangdong Laboratory (Guangzhou) (“the Laboratory”). The Hong Kong Branch of the Laboratory is set up at HKUST to integrate the efforts of the Hong Kong's marine science and technology talents to participate in regional and national programs in the Greater Bay Area, in close collaboration with the Laboratory.
The appointee will be responsible for assisting the day-to-day operation of the Hong Kong Branch research facilities and other related research facilities. His/her responsibilities include:
- Assisting the maintenance and tidiness of various research equipment and facilities;
- Keeping the inventory of laboratory consumables;
- Monitoring the laboratorial safety and access control;
- Helping the administrative services in the Hong Kong Branch;
- Taking care of laboratory sea creatures in the Indoor Aquarium for education purposes;
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Director or his/her delegates.
Applications should be self-motivated, have a good command of written and spoken English, Cantonese and Mandarin, good interpersonal skills, a strong sense of responsibility, the ability to work independently as well as within a team.
Applicants should have a higher diploma in science disciplines or a relevant higher degree with at least 1 year of post-qualification working experience in a research laboratory. Experience in maintenance of seawater aquarium and seawater supply system are strongly preferred. (Duration: _1_years, renewable)
Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits including annual leave, medical and dental benefits will be provided. Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.