Genomic secrets of scaly-foot snail from hydrothermal vents: Laying foundation for potential solutions provided by deep-sea creatures
Jin Sun, Chong Chen, Norio Miyamoto, Runsheng Li, Julia D. Sigwart, Ting Xu, Yanan Sun, Wai Chuen Wong, Jack C. H. Ip, Weipeng Zhang, Yi Lan, Dass Bissessur, Tomo-o Watsuji, Hiromi Kayama Watanabe, Yoshihiro Takaki, Kazuho Ikeo, Nobuyuki Fujii, Kazutoshi Yoshitake, Jian-Wen Qiu, Ken Takai, Pei-Yuan Qian. The Scaly-foot Snail genome and implications for the origins of biomineralised armour. Nature Communications, 2020; 11 (1) DOI: 10.1038/s41467-020-15522-3
Researchers unlock cancer-causing mechanism of E. coli toxin with synthetic biology approach
Zhong-Rui Li, Jie Li, Wenlong Cai, Jennifer Y. H. Lai, Shaun M. K. McKinnie, Wei-Peng Zhang, Bradley S. Moore, Wenjun Zhang, Pei-Yuan Qian. Macrocyclic colibactin induces DNA double-strand breaks via copper-mediated oxidative cleavage. Nature Chemistry, 2019; DOI: 10.1038/s41557-019-0317-7
Hong Kong Branch funded projects have published 85 SCI research articles in 2020. From January to March 2021, Hong Kong Branch funded projects have published 34 SCI research articles. From April to June 2021, Hong Kong Branch funded projects have published 27 SCI research articles. From July to September 2021, Hong Kong Branch funded projects have published 26 SCI research articles.
Patent & License
Hong Kong branch filed 1 patent in Chinese Mainland and 1 world patent. Hong Kong Branch also applied for 3 patents in Chinese Mainland, 4 Provisional US patents, 1 world patents, and 1 patent in both US patent and patent in Chinese Mainland.
Patents in Chinese Mainland
- "椭圆状对插型阵列电极及其柔性检测系统" and the patent number is CN211955304U.
- "一种将糠醇氧化为二氢吡喃酮类的绿色方法" and the application number is 202110081888.
- "一种制备氧化吲哚类衍生物的绿色方法" and the application number is 202110206801.
- "一种绿色的溴化方法" and the application number is 202110199168.X.
- "Discovery of cationic nonribosomal peptides as Gram-negative antibiotics through global genome mining" and the patent number is US10738093B2.
- “Adenine deficient yeast: A fluorescent biosensor for the detection of Labile Zn (II) in aqueous solution”.
Provisional US patents
- "Amperometric electrochemical sensor for the detection of small molecules".
- "BOC-Butenolide, an antifouling compound that has potent ability to inhibit the settlement of marine invertebrate larvae".
- “Albofungin and its derivatives specific bind with HIV-1 LTR-III G-quadruplex”.
- “Potent antifouling compounds albofungins target multiple fouling organisms”.
US patent and patent in Chinese Mainland
“Novel compounds as potential therapeutic agents targeting various neurodegenerative diseases”